Friday 21 October 2011

Nemesis 7 Colbrook Roofing 3


Frid. 21\10\11. 11.15. This week we beat Colbrook Roofing 7-3. We got off to a bad start when Wendy Newman came back from 0-2 down to beat cold-ridden Brian. Yet in the end they only snatched a point with a doubles win.

That doubles was weird: Wendy with her “funny bat”, Andy Watts and his deadly spin serves, and our Dennis with his lobs. I was the only “normal” player taking part! They had just too much guile for us.

Dennis won two singles: off the mark at last. Brian got 2 too. And I took 3 after some more “scares”.

Against Wendy I found the more I “mixed” things and moved her about, the more mistakes she made with that peculiar combination bat of hers. Andy got some nasty serves in on my F\H wing but otherwise I returned well. Jean was just as lively as ever, but doesn't like spin.

Yesterday I played a chap called John Coe (Franklin, D4) at Thursday Practice. He was a steady penholder. Talking of which, Steve Higgins came to practice again. Dave and Tony Roberts (unrelated) were there too! And George Tyler. Ken Harrison was sharp again ahead of our Cup encounter. Nuff Said. Out.

26th October: Right now I'm 2nd in the Division Three Averages to Billy Wong! Have won 8\9. Not all results are in, however. To be honest I expect Billy and his mate Leo Tsang to beat me comfortably next week. They have won 12 points out of 12 so far. Last year Leo defeated me in our one match. Against Billy, I took the first match and he took the second. They are full of energy and improving rapidly.

28th October PS - Well I really set my stall out there^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!! Yet I do not want to bust a gut this time round against those Chinese lads. I will play at a decent level and if that's good enough then fine. If that's not enough then tough.

Before then we have to play Ray Corke's side...

No comments:

Post a Comment