Wednesday 5 October 2011

Nemesis 7 Clee Sports H 3 (Grimsby League)


Wed. 5\10\11. 22.30. Last night we beat Clee Sports H 7-3. I won all 3 but only just! Dennis and I took the doubles from 0-2 down! All in all it was a tough match.

Clee’s new man Alan Walton proved quite a handful. I couldn’t cope with his serves! His all-round attacking game was very good too. Having fought back to 2-1 up in games, I let the 4th game slip 15-13. Then I was 6-1 down in the decider but came back myself to steal it 14-12!

Pete Dyson and Keith played well too. I noticed for the first time, however, that Pete runs his finger down the middle of the bat. That gives him extra power but reduces his flexibility. Keith Farmery is a left-hander with a big F\H hit – so just be ready for the unexpected! Serving to his B\H did not work much!

Brian took his 3 convincingly but Dennis could not find his lobbing-range, until the doubles!

BTW “Urban Juice” are those Chinese lads: they must be strong favourites for the league title. Good to see John Hancock back in D1. Mike Bailey is also back, alongside Sean. Nuff Said Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment