Friday 14 October 2011

NALGO D 5 NEMESIS 5


Frid. 14\10\11. 15.30. On Tuesday we drew with NALGO D. Brian Ashwell was the nemesis of Nemesis I’m afraid. I played him tight and disciplined but he still got those swiping wide kills in. In fact he took very high risks, but they paid off. I lost 5-11 in the 5th and wondered what had happened! In retrospect I was beaten by greater mobility and aggression. Next time my own Plan A will have to involve much more movement and attacking. Plan B will be to close things down again.

Mo Kayali tried to contain himself but it didn’t work. He curbed his big left-handed forehand hit. Dennis was 3 good kills away from beating Roger. Mr. Deboick was his usual steady self. However, in his final match Dennis reopened a calf tear! Hope he’s okay for next week. Anyway, Brian and I fought back from behind in the doubles to snatch a draw.

However, I personally had an amazing comeback in my final game against Roger: back from 6-10 down! Overall, our draw felt like a win!

Our next opponents are Jean Ashwell and Company (Colbrook Roofing). I thought we were playing the Chinese lads, but I miss-read the script. In fact our match with “Urban Juice” has been put back a week owing to half-term.

Highlight of Thursday Practice was another doubles lesson from wheelchair users Colin Woodford and Kath Fisher. Nice to see Aaron Chaplin practising again. Nuff Said. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment