Thursday 2 August 2018

Table Tennis England Local Rankings

(Picture Credit - YouTube)

Table Tennis England provides local leagues with Rankings based on results in various competitions. One way to raise your ranking is to do well in tournaments around the rest of the country. But mainly its on your local league results. It's just a bit of extra fun as far as I am concerned. I note there are players below me whom I rarely beat, yet some above me whom I usually defeat. It's all about some mysterious algorithm but nevertheless based on actual results. These Rankings feature on each local league website.

Here are some current Grimsby League Rankings: Sean Ward 1, David Heppenstall 2, John Hancock 3, Mike Thornley 4, Chloe Lingard 5, Jon Corry 6. There are 142 Ranked players in Grimsby.

My Nemesis Team: Phil Sharpe 39, Myself 49, Brian Lomas 77.

My Facebook Friends: John Whitfield 26, Dave Hall 76, Ray Corke 90, Darren Aldous 101. (All these are Thursday Morning Practice Regulars). There are 142 Ranked players in Grimsby. My Lincoln League Facebookers: Jack Blyth 14, Mike Tindall 40.

More Thursday Practice Current Regulars (might have missed some): Ray Simpson 12, Steve Carter 15, Nick Borst 16, Sean Brown 17, Stewart Dean 18, Mick Corry 20, Trevor Broughton 44, Colin Grey 54, Dorothy Fuller 55, Ian Daxner 58, Michael Louca 60, Ian Campbell 61, Bob Bartle 62, Phil Yang 75, Brian Ashwell 77, Les Gagg 82, Tony Roberts 87, Chris Bygott 89, Ken Harrison 94, John Padley 99, Stuart Pollard 104, Brian Todd 105, Jean Ashwell 110, David Wilkins 113, Mike Gettings 121, Lee Radley 124, Bruce Robinson 129, Val Winslow 134, John Butterfield 137, Roy Smith 140.

Lincoln League Top 5: Mark Donogue 1, Andy Wignall 2, Lesley Keast 3, David Heppenstall 4 and Dan Rimmer 5. Lincoln has 105 Ranked players.

For the record, I have never played David Heppenstall, only watched him. All the rest I have at least practised with.

Paul Butters 2\8\2018

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your ideas to post comments. The content was really very interesting. I am really thankful to you for providing this unique information.
    Please keep sharing more and more information….
    dealsanddiscount

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great high resolution screen which you have shared for the users. Making a website is not an easy task but managing a good website is really a hard work. As far as this website is concerned, I am very happy. Air Hockey Table manufacturer

    ReplyDelete